[Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.ORG
Fri Sep 30 18:26:24 CEST 2005

mist = None #no mist
may or may not be applicable as many exclusive flags have a default set,
i.e. there is no 'None' option in the actual data.

As for constants being in capitals - it was all my idea! :) They don't
have to be in caps, however I'm used to reading caps in java/C because I
know when I see x.THISTHING in code I know I'm dealing with a constant.
If it's x.thingthing it might be a method that you forgot to add '()'
to. If your scanning a script all caps constants stand out and leave no
room for question.

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org
[mailto:bf-python-bounces at projects.blender.org] On Behalf Of
antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:11 PM
To: Blender Foundation Python list
Subject: Re: [Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

On Thursday 29 September 2005 18:47, Ken Hughes wrote:
> Stephen Swaney wrote:
> >>So "mistype" is a legacy attribute (in 2.37a) while "lin", "sqr",
and
> >>"qua" are new attributes which will someday replace it.
> > Note: Since the word 'mistype' does not appear in the UI,
> "mistType" would be more pythonesque.

or even: mist ?
mist = None #no mist
mist = QUA #of type qua
mist = LIN  # etc.
mist = SQR

except that in the gui the type can be selected even when mist is
disabled,
dunno if that is needed by the api.

and those ugly CAPSED things come from thinking, that .. constants are
good
for constants. so we could have some constants module for possible
values for
params. or?

> Ken

~Toni