[Bf-python] Re: tp_getset conversion update

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Thu Sep 29 19:17:41 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:47:36AM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:

> Ok, "blindly" is not accurate.  The epydocs I wrote which accompanied
> the patch *clearly* state that these three attributes are (a) mutually
> exclusive and (b) cannot be "cleared", but can only be set (which
> implies clearing the others).  I thought about this a while before
> implementing it (or, at least I thought I thought about it).

I am not claiming that the solution is poorly docuemnted or that it
is not cleverly coded.  My position is that it is misleading.
Doing a dir() on World will show 4 attributes:  mistype, qua, lin
and sqr.  That does not coorespond to the actual data model, either
internally or from the user's perspective.

The fundamental fact here is that qua, lin and sqa are not attributes.
They are names for the values an attribute can take.

> "mistType" would be more pythonesque.

Indeed!

--
Stephen Swaney