[Bf-python] ScriptUI package

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sat Sep 17 21:45:03 CEST 2005

Hi Toni,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the bpython side of Orange, that's
always great to see the API being used, specially there. Great chance to
improve bpython, too, of course.

About adding packages in Python, the BPy modules like BPyRegistry, etc.
are a start for that. Like ScriptUI, the idea is to have them built on
top of normal bpython ones, following minimal guidelines and having
docs. We could have a BPyDraw or BPyGui module, for example.

Maybe better to wait till the API settles down again, though.

antont at kyperjokki.fi wrote:
> I don't have any previous experience on writing Blender / bpython UIs, but
> from reading and hearing about other ppls work have understood that it is
> quite clumsy. So was immediately interested when came across the ScriptUI
> package that someone called 'panzi' on Elysiun has been putting together.
>
> Just tried it a little, and at a first sight it seems pretty good. Do you
> think it would be a good idea to include it in bf-blender? I have it in my
> working copy now, and will probably use it for all my UI work.
>
> The discussion, with links to downloads and documentation (epydoc), are at
> http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=477318#477318
>
> ~Toni

Willian