[Bf-python] Python mesh modifiers

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sat Sep 17 21:32:19 CEST 2005

Nick M wrote:
> A while back I posted a bunch of messages to the bf-committers and the
> forum about allowing Python scripts to be run as modifiers on regular
> objects. So, I got something working now, and it's time to fix some
> last bugs and make a proper API; I need some input/suggestions on the
> latter. Also I'd appreciate comments on the code itself, e.g. if I am
> doing something wrong.
>
> Here is a URL to the current pre-alpha patch:
> http://amatan.com/nmatan/PyDeform-patch-050915.txt

Hi Nick,

I wasn't able to look at your patch yet, sorry (short on time), but I
had read the emails at bf-committers.

You're right on track about the needed functionality. Zr (Daniel
Dunbar), who developed the new modifiers structure also emailed me some
weeks ago about the same thing. He said he wanted to code a new
mechanism to register scripts as modifiers, including gui elements.
Timothy, the PyTex developer, also needs a registration mechanism like
that. I don't know if he contacted Zr neither if Zr is already started
working on it.

--
Willian