[Bf-python] Bug in CurNurb.setFlagU() and setFlagV()

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 9 23:04:40 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 10:39:14PM +0200, antont at kyperjokki.fi wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 20:06, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> > IMHO, best way is to leave doc as-is and fix code.  Also add the
> > setCyclic() method.
>
> i put a small patch including a little patch for that to
> https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3011&group_id=9&atid=127
>
> didn't add setCyclic tho and am busy with other things now.
>
> ~Toni

Toni and I were talking about this today - apparently we are
both smarter after sleep - and realized that the getFlagU()
method simply returns flagu without shifting or bit-masking.

Since one of our principles is that a.setStuff( a.getStuff() )
should work, the correct thing (at this time!) is for setFlagU()
to keep its current behaviour of setting the flag without shifting
or masking.  The documentation needs to be updated to include
the CU_CYCLIC bit.

As part of the Death To Inconsistencies project, we can provide
nice bit-level access to these bits as we are doing with other
bit-fields.

A setCyclic() method is still a good thing.
--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net