[Bf-python] moving to depgraph / getting rid of displist calls

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 9 22:46:59 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 08:15:19PM +0200, antont at kyperjokki.fi wrote:
> has anyone already looked into moving the api from doing displist calls to
> using depgraph? Ton said that the displaylists should be gotten rid off, so I
> guess we need to disable ~ depracate Curve.update() etc.
>
> i'll work on it next week, at least to make curve tapering etc. work.

Definitely an issue we need to deal with soon!  A lot has
changed internally with displists and friends.

This is a problem throughout the bpy api.  After we modify an
object via bpy, we need a way to signal blender to recreate
the display list for that object.  Maybe something as simple
as NULLing out a pointer and having blender do the heavy lifting
when it comes time to draw?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net