[Bf-python] bug or evolution of Object module?

PERIN Jean-Baptiste jb_perin at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 28 13:38:50 CET 2005

This morning, as I was trying to use bvh_import
script, I noticed that there were a big issue with
this marvellous script in Blender 2.40 CVS 05/11/27

I investigated and I realized that the problem was
coming from the Object module ..

By the past, the coordinates passed to the
Object.setLocation() function was expressed relatively
to the parent object.

It seems that it no longer is the case ..

To correct the bvh_import script.. I had to express
empties'position with absolute coordinates  (in
worldspace) instead of relative coordinates

I find it is weird ..

Is that a new design for Object module ?.. or is that
just a temporary bug due to intense recoding ?

I hope it is just a temporary bug ..
otherwise .. there are going to be a lot of script to
update .. and please consider the attached script as a
canditate fix

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste PERIN

PS: by the way .. when is the new Armature module
documentation due to be released ?.. I think I'll have
to correct the BVH2ARM.py script as well ..and to do
so .. I need to know how does the new Armature module
behaves ..