[Bf-python] data corruption

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 18:49:38 CET 2005

--- "Gilbert, Joseph T." <jgilbert at tigr.ORG> wrote:

> I am not sure if objects behave the same way as
> other data. If an
> armature data block has an id.us of 0 it's not freed
> (because we set it
> to zero manually when the object is created). Maybe
> what's happening is
> that when a user manually deletes an object from a
> scene somewhere the
> free() code for that object is called?

Ken mentionned that in his previous mail, Objects and
Scenes are the only two blender types which are
automaticly freed from memory when their user count
reaches zero.

For all the others, BPY wouldn't *need* to increase
the users on binding and decrease on destroy, but it
would be safer nonetheless to do it, I think.

Martin