[Bf-python] RE: action / NLA api

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 18:30:33 CET 2005

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

--- Toni Alatalo <antont at kyperjokki.fi> wrote:

> like already mentioned, am now testing making some of the animations needed
>
> for Elephants dream using just object.pose.fromAction() so actually dont
> need
> to create strips, so am not planning to implement it, but can imagine that
> they'll be useful sometimes.. if someone has a need / want, feel free to
> give
> it a shot :)

I don't currently have a use for it, but I can see how it will be a useful
abstract way of working with animation in the future.  My current coding
project is implimenting steering behaviors in Python, and if I every start
using it on Blender I would intend to use NLA strips to impliment the
locomotion layer.

> and Ton actually recommends to wait a little with the NLA:
>
> < antont> kaito: i guess you are not planning to change the NLA/strips...
>
> < kaito> not for 2.40.... but probably i'll do later yes
> < antont> kaito: "later" as in december or in 2007?-)
> < kaito> i suggest to not add it to 2.40 specs

Thats fine with me.  I would rather have a sensable and complete api then a
partal api for an incomplete feature.

Thanks for all the work done on the api, I promise I'll make something cool
with it eventually!