[Bf-python] RE: action / NLA api

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Nov 15 15:06:10 CET 2005

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 13:24, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> move Blender.Armature.NLA to Blender.NLA, but *also* have a separate
> Blender.Action module/type. rationale below .. i guess i should draft this

looked at this a bit with Ton, and he confirmed that actions make sense to be
like that - they are generic 'ipo bags', that exist globally by themselves.

was planning to proceed with the NLA to get strips, 'cause thought that i need
to create strips for the generated animations (using pre-made actions) for
the secondary movements in the movie, but now learned that actually dont need
them: poses are properties of Object, and i can just use them for the
animation control.

so am in no hurry with NLA/strip functionality anymore, but would add Action
to get actions, and then add Object.pose and new Pose type with a method like
pose.fromAction(action, frame, factor)

am open to comments of course, and do still think that those other changes
should be done too before we freeze the api for release..

~Toni