[Bf-python] Joining meshes

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Wed Nov 2 19:32:49 CET 2005

bartius crouch wrote:

> Is it possible to add a function to ThinMesh (or NMesh if that is
> easier) to join meshes, similarly to the way Blender currently does
> when pressing CTRL+J?

Anything is possible; the question is how logical is it, and how easy or
hard :-)

 From the logical standpoint:
    CTRL-J doesn't work on a single mesh; it works on two or more
meshes.  More accurately, it works on two or more objects.  So its API
would be some function like
         Blender.Mesh.Join([ob1,ob2,ob3])

     I'm trying to think of a similar interface to a "tool" in the

 From an easy/hard standpoint:
    Probably not too hard; the BPy API function would probably check
that it was possible to join the objects (they're mesh objects, etc) and
we would need to change join_mesh() itself so it didn't throw up a "
Join selected meshes?" dialog.

Ken