[Bf-python] Re: Effect module

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Wed Nov 2 19:15:43 CET 2005

jean-michel soler wrote:
> """Hi Jean-Michel!
>   It's very good that you are making patches for the source; however,
> you should submit them to the patch tracker at projects.blender.org.
> Many people search through the patches daily and all patches are
> considered there. Thanks for being involved in Blender! :) """
>

> Thus :
> https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3328&group_id=9&atid=127

I think this is a good time to raise the issue of the Effect module
again (at least while we're thinking about API inconsistencies):

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-python/2005-August/002988.html

Particles are now the only type of effect; waves and builds have been
removed.  The more recent "effects" -- particle interaction and soft
body -- are accessed through the Object API.  I suspect fluid sim, when
someone codes it, will be through the Object API also.

Ken