[Bf-python] ThinMesh

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu May 12 14:32:13 CEST 2005

Nick Winters wrote:

>On 5/11/05, Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 02:56:04PM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
>>

>>Now that we have more experience with python types and operators - see
>>the Mathutils module for example - we should be able to make a
>>ThinMesh module that uses blender data without copying it.
>>
>>This would give a performance boost for people with a fondness for
>>huge meshes.
>>

>Would it offer additional features?
>
>would you be able to use the tools the user has access to? extrude? bevel?...
>
>will we have access to edge-connectivity? or will we have to [still]
>build that ourself?
>
>- nick

A module that used both Mesh objects and EditMeshes would be nice. . .

although it could get sortof complicated.  You would need essentially
two modules with the same API, and code to convert between them on exit
and enter editmode.

also, the editmesh code hasn't been generalised like hemesh is (e.g.
globals are used everywhere) so having access to actual mesh editing
tools wouldn't really work.

joeedh