[Bf-python] Some Recent Patches to BPython

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri May 6 15:34:02 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 11:25:01PM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Hi, the resion not to get the nmesh data is that this can be very
> CPU/Memory Intensive. Keep in mind that some people use Meshes that just
> about fill there entire system Ram, so making a copy of ALL NMesh data
> at once could even crash blender- and is not very efficient.

I understand this.  That was the reason for the name_only=1 parameter.

Based on the rest of the Bpy API, I would expect NMesh to have
a Get() method that either returns the named object or a list
of all the Nmeshes.  To just get the names and not the entire
object, we could apply the name_only=1 metaphor we used in
Object.getData().

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net