[Bf-python] New BPoint type?

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 02:41:03 CEST 2005

--- Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:32:05PM -0700, Ken Hughes
> wrote:
> > I'm writing a module to implement a BPoint (Nurb
> control
> > points) wrapper.  Currently I just stole the code
> from
> > BezTriple and modified it to interact with
> Blender's
> > "struct Nurb".
> >
> > My question: what attributes/methods should it
> support?
> > What do users need to get/set in a Nurb control
> point?
>
> Essentially, just the control point coords.  And
> possibly the curve
> tilt, if I recall theeth's latest changes correctly.

Nurbs CV have a weight too, but that attribute is not
shared by Bezier.
However, what could be done as far as class hierarchy
goes is this:

BPoint (for Poly Curve)
 | |
 | |
 | +- BNURBSPoint (for nurbs curve, with weight added)

 +- BBezierPoint (for bezier, with handles)

BPoint would have x,y,z coordinates vector (Z unused
for IPOs) and tilt (also unused for IPOs).
BNURBSpoint would inherit that and add weight.
BBezier would add two handle vectors.

This would be a good place/time to reintroduce
Ascotan's vector/mathutils patch.

Martin