[Bf-python] Another stab at scheduling Ipo/Curve integration

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri Jun 24 17:01:49 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 04:02:14PM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:

> So here's the stages; some of this is already done or
> in partially implemented:
>
>   (1) implement a rudementary BPoint module, enough to
>       wrap Blender data (done)
>   (2) implement sequence operators on BezTriples and
>       BPoints, plus append/insert/delete/iterators
>       (done)
>   (3) integrate sequence operators into IpoCurve and
>       CurNurb modules (testing)
>   (4) implement dictionary constants for Ipos; this
>       presents valid curve names, through module constants,
>       which are used to get/append curves to Ipos
>       (partially implemented)
>   (5) mark for deprecation methods in IpoCurve, CurNurb,
>       Ipo and Curve which are superceded by the new code
>       (to do)
>   (6) adding more methods to BPoint, BezTriple as needed
>       (partially implemented)
>
> After this, implementing tp_getset tables for IpoCurves
> and CurNurbs would be next, but stivs is already working
> on this so I'm waiting to see how that works.
>
> If you want to see code examples for any or all of these,
> I'll be glad to put them up on the wiki.

A very reasonable plan, Ken!  Let's do it.

By 'mark for deprecation' are talking about the doc, printing
msgs or ...?

Examples in the wiki are good for documenting our design and
also help new people get started.

At the risk of repeating myself, test scripts and an occasional
comment as to the intent of the code are more than helpful.

Thanks.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net