[Bf-python] CurNurb/IpoCurve/BezTriple hackery

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Jun 17 19:52:32 CEST 2005

I'm playing with the refactoring of CurNurbs and Ipocurves in the
BPython interface and want other opinions:

Is it valid to expect this code sequence to not work?  (this is in
the current CVS)

c = Blender.Ipo.Get('ObIpo').Get('LocX')
p = c.getPoints()[0]
(x0,y0) = p.getPoints()
c.addBezier([x,y])
(x1,y1) = p.getPoints()

By "not work", I mean that p (which wraps a BezTriple) is
implemented by keeping a pointer to inside the beztriple
array of Ipocurve c, but is probably no longer valid after
addBezier() is called since it deletes the old list and
replaces it with a new list?

In other words, should I be fixing this in any future rewrite
or just document the behavior?

Ken