[Bf-python] RE: Bone Patch

Nick Lawson vektuz at cox.net
Wed Jun 1 00:12:20 CEST 2005

Hello there,

A couple months ago (March 2005), the below patch to the bone system was
mentioned.  Bug #2230 pertains to an export system I'm developing, and I
really do need 'parent space' of some kind.    The mentioned patch did not
make its way into the build.  I'm just following up to try to see what
happened to it, since I did just test it with the 2.38 release, and the bug
is still 'active'.  I think it may have gotten lost in the cracks.

-Nick Lawson

------- Original Message by alex mole nal at blueyonder.co.uk  --------

Hi

I've added a new mode for Bone.getRestMatrix() : 'parentspace'
This gets the rest matrix for a bone in its parent's space (rather than
the hybrid local/world space thing that 'bonespace' is doing). I believe
it addresses bug #2230, without risking breaking existing scripts.

Additionally, I (think I) found & fixed a memory leak in the same function.

I'd really love to submit it as a patch, but:
- my blender source tree is based on a month-old CVS image, not a checkout
- I have really hacked my local blender source tree to get some personal
stuff going, and I don't fancy trying to merge it with a current CVS
image ;)

So: as the change is just in one function, can I submit the changed
function and ask one of you guys to merge it into the source tree the
old fashioned way (copy-paste...)? *

Cheers-
Alex

* I promise that before writing any future patches, I'll get a CVS tree ;)

-- /listinfo/bf-python