[Bf-python] short term goals

Joseph Gilbert jgilbert at TIGR.org
Fri Jul 15 16:51:35 CEST 2005

I dont see a problem in deprecating old stuff as long as the module
maintains backward compatibility. Method changes like getters/setters
are pretty easy to keep compatible. The bugbear is breaking stuff.  At
some point you have to remove decprecated stuff like Blender.get() and i
think the removal of deprecated stuff should be disscussed with script
writers of course to make sure they are all upto date with the new
methods. (this shouldn't happen often)
We could disscuss a framework for the api based on some standarization
and implement if you feel we should go that route.