[Bf-python] object.getDataName() - Implimented

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Jan 29 18:20:52 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 10:51:15AM +0000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi, I was perplexed that There was no way to get the name of all the
> meshs without doing a getData- Which can be slow with large mesh's.

The convention we have been using is XXX.Get('some_name') returns a
specific object of type XXX.  Calling XXX.Get() with no argument
returns a list of all object of type XXX.

If we are missing Get() functionality somewhere, that is a hole that
needs to be filled.

In addition, each blender object type should have a getName() method.

> Sombody mentioned a NMesh.GetNames() or some such thing, but I thaught
> this would be more usefill.
> As well as having
> ob.getData(), I added
> ob.getDataName()

[...snippage...]

I can see where this would be useful.  However, you seem to be
missing the entry in the method table, the docstring and the update
to the epydoc.  Patches are always appreciated.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net