[Bf-python] Newbie Question: How to debug python in blender ? Best Development Environment ?

G. Völkl gkvoelkl at yahoo.de
Fri Feb 25 19:05:38 CET 2005

Hello Sani,

I downloaded your IDE and its very fine. I like it. Espacially I like the UML view.

I hope you will extend UML view ;-)

two suggestions:
        *direct link from uml to editor view:
         if you click on a uml element you come to the right line in editor view
        *a developer can add methods and attributs in uml view

I by myself are  trying to develop a Blender Export for *.m3g format. Its a 3d graphics format, which is used with java mobile phones.

Bye and thanks

Gerhard

"www.stani.be" <s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Gehrard,
At the moment there is not yet a python debugger in
Python, only an advanced IDE: SPE
(http://spe.pycs.net) I'm currently working on
implementing a remote debugger, but be patient as this
will take some time. To use SPE you'll first have to
install the latest version of wxPython
(http://www.wxpython.org)
One problem is that Blender blocks for user control if
SPE is running inside Blender. SPE can be run outside
Blender but than it doesn't have access to Blenders
internals. I asked this list already several times if
this issue can be solved, but appearantly for that
Blenders event model has to be redesigned. Correct me
if I am wrong.
Stani

PS I'll soon release 0.7.2.c with some bug fixes.