[Bf-python] nmesh.getMode() nmesh.setMode : inconsistent !

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Feb 19 19:23:50 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 07:53:18AM -0800, Gert De Roost wrote:
> There seems to be a blatant inconsistency in the
> format of the nmesh.getMode() and nmesh.setMode()
> methods.

All of our bpy get/set methods *should* interoperate
with .set( .get() ) as a standard idiom.

A common api convention is for .set() methods to return
the current (before change) state so it can be saved for
later restore.

> Please do sacrifice backward-compatibility to correct
> this.

Bad idea.  We take pains to preserve backward-compatiblity.
Even if it means writing extra code to parse overloaded methods.

We do deprecate methods, however.  And actually remove them
after a warning period.  Someone was bitching on irc the other
day about get()/Get().  Rather amusing since get() has been
gone for about a year.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net