[Bf-python] Re: Python script code crashes Blender 2.36 && CVS/HEAD (Linux; self-compiled gcc (GCC) 3.3.4)

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Mon Feb 14 10:59:00 CET 2005

* joeedh -- Monday 14 February 2005 10:54:
> Don't forget, debuggers can get confused.  Especially if the bug has a
> delayed reaction :) .

I know. I do still think that there's a bug in Blender, but only wanted to
note that the valgrind debugger would possibly not point us there directly,
and that it's not Blender with those "lots of reported bugs".  :-)

The problem seems to be that when using scripts in that particular order
(first loading the gui into a "Scripts Window", then using the script from
the main menu), the two instances(!) interact in a malign way. Callbacks from
the menu-started instance don't have access to the script's global scope/
namespace, etc.

m.