[Bf-python] mesh.filename

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Feb 12 04:34:28 CET 2005

Yeah, thats what I ment, sorry for not being Clear-
AFAIK every datatype with an ID (the id C struct) - Has a filename slot
160 chars, even if its not used by blender.
Many blender datatypes have an ID, and many are linkable so I dont see
why we shouldent accsess them from Python.
A common problem is moving a blend file from Computer to computer and
having the Paths screw up, particulaly if there not relative, but even
the slashes can stuff up Win/Unix.

For my- being able to reset the library linking would be realy usefull-
It should be the same as for images.

Non linked data can return "" or None,  will look into itm probably make
it work like Packed images alredy do- Would you accept a patch that does
this? all things non buggy etc?
- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton