[Bf-python] About setDupliVerts

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Feb 11 04:04:32 CET 2005

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 03:05:04AM -0200, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
>

>>For cases where you need to get access to the object, we added a nmesh->object pointer that can be set when you link an object to a mesh or automatically when the
>>

>script uses object.getData() to get the mesh. Since an nmesh can be linked to more than one object, having a single pointer in the nmesh to its parent object would be incorrect.

You can change the pointer. Script writers can link a particular object
with .link when needed -- or get from each wanted object with .getData()
-- to define which object they want to work on at the moment (if the
relevant data is in the object's structure, like vgroups for example).
If the object and the mesh are already linked in Blender, this step will
simply serve to update the nmesh->object pointer for internal bpython use.

This was needed to keep vgroup methods in NMesh when Joe wrote them,
keeping Object free from nmesh-specific methods.

--
Willian