[Bf-python] Transforming a mesh C

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu Feb 10 02:24:40 CET 2005

Yann Vernier wrote:

>On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 07:32:56PM +0800, cpbarton at iinet.net.au wrote:
>

>>___Yann Vernier wrote:
>>
>>Does this code currently transform the normal vectors of the mesh as well as the
>>mesh vertices?  Unless those are automatically updated somehow (which I would
>>suggest is *NOT* a good general solution!), it seems to me that this is only
>>doing part of the job.
>>
>>Yann Vernier wrote:
>>

>No I didn't. Wasn't that Jonathan Merritt?

Why not have vertex normal calculation as optional, its possible to
recalculate them with an update() if you want them back in Blender, why
not add it as an optioal arg.
mash.transform(normals=0)
This would be fine for formats that dont export normal's OR ones that
use face normals which do not use vert normals to be calculated.

- Cam

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia

e-mail: cbarton at metavr.com