[Bf-python] Setting the viewpoint in python scripts

Rodrigo Damazio rodrigo.damazio at poli.usp.br
Sun Feb 6 01:03:47 CET 2005

       Hello. I'm new to this list, so I apologize in advance if this
has been answered before.
       I'm writing a script which would need to obtain the currently
active 3D view(or detect that the currently active window is not a 3D
one) and  change the position(offset) and rotation(quaternion) of its
view (not the camera - any view). I'm wondering how I could do that. I
have found the Window.SetViewQuat() method, but that doesn't set the
offset, and I don't see a way to get the currently active view.
       Btw, my goal is to write spaceball support for blender, and I was
thinking of doing that as a python script. Another feature I would like
to see (though I understand it is a more complicated one) is to allow
the user to select any command to assign to each spaceball button.

Thank you
Rodrigo