[Bf-python] Lattice.applyDeform() broken

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue Dec 27 15:50:44 CET 2005

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I forgot about the possibility of a "2.40a" release. Considering that,
> yes, it's better to solve this for the current API, too.
>
> If your suggestion ("modifying Object.makeParentDeform() to accept
> lattices") indeed changes the vertices positions, then it seems to be a
> good way to go, at least for now. Making lattice.applyDeform() call that
> could also be a good idea if not troublesome. Otherwise we just tell
> users to go with object.makeParentDeform() instead.

Well, I was afraid it was too simple.  Seems that the lattice modifier
code also depends on the fu,fv,fw,du,dv,dw parameters in the lattice
structure, which aren't being updated via the current API.  They should
be recalculated when resizelattice() is called (which happens in
lattice.setPartitions()), but only if an object is also passed to the
function.  I put in another hack which works for my current project, but
haven't tried to delve into if there's somewhere else which also is
setting these parameters.

Ken