[Bf-python] Lattice.applyDeform() broken

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon Dec 26 22:30:40 CET 2005

Discovered yesterday that Lattice.applyDeform() doesn't do what it used
to, after Daniel's modifier changes:

         if((self->Lattice == par->data)) {
                 /* I do not know what to do with this function
                  * at the moment given the changing modifier system.
                  * Calling into the modifier system in the first place
                  * isn't great... -zr
                  */
             object_apply_deform(base->object);
         }

and this elsewhere:

void object_apply_deform(Object *ob)
{
     notice("Apply Deformation now only availble in Modifier buttons");
}

Nice, big, nasty pop-up dialog in the middle of running my script.

I poked around and found that by modifying Object.makeParentDeform() to
accept lattices things work more or less how I expect them (at least the
underlying mesh deforms).

Willian: since you used to be the lattice module expert, does this make
sense to you?

Ken