[Bf-python] boolean check bug in Armature_setDrawAxes

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 19:11:48 CET 2005

--- "Gilbert, Joseph T." <jgilbert at tigr.ORG> wrote:

> That is correct anything not None, 0 or False
> evaluates to True using
> PyObject_IsTrue. I understand that and I
> intentionally implemented all
> Boolean members in Armature to take True/False.
> In a sense yes, Armature.member = 'wasssup' can
> technically be
> considered a valid Boolean but I thought restricting
> this to True/False
> would make more sense.

I agree with Joseph here.
While it is semantically the same, I think self.blah =
True is much more explicit and respect the idea of the
property.
An error is a bit harsh though, maybe it could throw a
warning, something a bit like that:

Warning: Boolean value expected, using truth value of
the object.

Martin