[Bf-python] Re: Scripts Meeting summary and planned scripts for bundling

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at aon.at
Mon Dec 12 01:14:54 CET 2005

* Tom M -- Saturday 10 December 2005 20:57:
> please extensively test the following scripts, and report any
> problems you have.

> * Archimap uvunwrapper - http://members.iinet.net.au/~cpbarton/ideasman/

I tested this script on a helicopter model for the FlightGear
simulator (http://www.flightgear.org/). The goal was to get
UV mapping for all fuselage objects (fuselage, tail boom, stabs,
doors, etc.) on one texture, so that one would only have to
exchange this texture for a different painting scheme/livery.

So I selected these objects, called the Archimap script (slow,
all faces), but the result was not what I had hoped for: the
objects' UV mappings didn't share one texture square, but each
object seemed to have its own, separate mapping. That is: each
of them used up the whole square and didn't care for the other
objects, causing a lot of overlays and intersection. Of course,
this would be unusable for my purpose.

Maybe I only expected too much, and the script isn't supposed
to do what I wanted. Or maybe it's a bug. It's still very
impressive, though. The fuselage by itself was very well
unwrapped.

m.

PS: Blender 2.40alpha2 (CVS/HEAD), Python 2.4.1