[Bf-python] tp_getset Texture.c uploaded

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Aug 27 23:14:37 CEST 2005

Stephen Swaney wrote:
> Some of these patches have #defines where we create an
> EXPP_ version of an existing Blender constant.  An example:
>
> #define EXPP_WORLD_MODE_MIST       WO_MIST
>
> Off the top of my head, I can't think of a good reason
> to do this, but I am willing to entertain arguments to the
> contrary.
>
> Disussion:
>
> 	Is there a reason not to use the Blender #defines directly?

The only things I can think of are:
(1) the "#define EXPP_ADDCONST(name)" macros peppered throughout the
code (which I admit I'm guilty of using). Those would need to replaced
with explicit calls to PyConstant_Insert() (yes, I volunteer to do it).
(2) the occasional things which don't have Blender #defines.  For
example, the setting for a world's mist type ("Lin", "Qua" and "Squ")
don't have any #defines for them.

Ken