[Bf-python] Oops Python

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Aug 15 01:09:06 CEST 2005

Hi All, I did some fixups to the oops view, and optimized teh display
for large scenes. (Basic culling of spline drawing)
as well as improving readability when zoomed out.

I also added a python Oops menu, Toplevel called 'Scripts'- an
alternative would be to add python scripts to the Block menu.
Anyhow it turned out to be fairly easy to add a menu so no biggi if it
needs to be changed.

Willian, ton asked to to point the python bits your way- since you
maintain python.
At some point im going to finish off the oops/python stuff. - add
oopslock to all datatypes.

Some realy usefull stuff could be done in python with oops, like a
simple linking script to swap linkage between objects and there data.
Or a script to arrange the oops blocks in a logical way (very easy to
do- just the objects oopsloc)

I have been using oops view recently for Hierarchical realtime models
with animations/ lods and switch states, and having a scripts menu would
be a nice place to add scripts that manage objects and there
relationship with there parents/data.

Heres the patch.
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2933&group_id=9&atid=127

- Cheers