[Bf-python] Bug with Object.getMatrix?

alex mole nal at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 10:21:20 CEST 2005

Hi

I've been using Object.getMatrix('localspace') to get an object's matrix
in it's parent's space (world space if it has no parent).
However, this sometimes gives results that disagree with what I think
they should be. In addition, they give different results to the following:

invpmatrix = parent.getMatrix('worldspace')
invpmatrix.invert()
cmatrix = child.getMatrix('worldspace')
local_cmatrix = cmatrix * invpmatrix

This, incidentally, gives me the answers I was looking for.

Is this a bug, or just a badly documented routine?

Cheers,
Alex