[Bf-python] Layer handling inconsistant

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Apr 18 03:30:58 CEST 2005

At the moment Window.ViewLayer() and object.later use a different type
of variables and therefor cant be interchanged.

ob.layer is a flag and Window.ViewLayer() is a list
There realy shouldent be any issues with
/I want me new object to be on the current visible layers, or - change
my object to the visible layers.

/At the moment I have got around this by converting  this list into a flag.

    # Get the layer flag, this should realy be a part of blender.
    layerFlag = 0
    for l in Window.ViewLayer():
        layerFlag |= 2 ** l-1 # Get the flag of the layer index
    ob.layer = layerFlag

Mabe there needs to be a flag option for ViewLayer
Window.ViewLayer(flag=1)

Is this acceptable?
- Cam