[Bf-python] Prefs dir accsess, DOCS IN PATCH

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Apr 5 03:54:49 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:20:20AM +1000, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi, added the docs to the patch.

Nice!  Thanks.

Looking at this feature, I wonder if we should make the parameter
names resemble what the user sees in the Prefs Window rather
than exporting internal blender variables.  I realize we
have some historical baggage here that we need to support.

However, as a future position, I would suggest deriving all parameter
names as the button label ( yfexport, fonts, textures, tex plugins, etc)
with 'dir' appended.  Examples: yfexportdir, texpluginsdir.

Some params, but not all, use this pattern already.
Some in the patch are similar, but not exact.  Fonts vs fontdir, for
example.

Thoughts, anyone?
--
Stephen Swaney