[Bf-python] Prefs dir accsess

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Mon Apr 4 16:39:05 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:16:15AM -0500, Johnny Matthews wrote:
> Should patches for python api include the /doc patch too to be
> considered as a general rule?

If the patch adds new features, yes!

To the end user, the documentation is as important as the code.
Without docs, they have no idea if a feature exists or
how to use it.
( and no, I don't expect them to read the source code )

I consider this an important part of the Bpy project
and will continue to nag relentlessly about it.

I also realize English ( or spelling! ) is difficult
for some.  So here is the deal for patch contributors:
Make a first pass at adding docs for your patch and
we will happily do whatever editing is needed.

One of the biggest criticisms of Open Source projects
is the lack of documentation.  Let's not be part of
that problem.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net