[Bf-python] Python GUI additions

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 22 19:56:09 CEST 2004

Hi.  Now that we have a OnSave scriptlink, and the ability to
create/modify scriptlinks through python, I think it is time to consider
plugging Python scripts into parts of the Blender GUI.

For example, we could have a Python tab in the Object buttons, maybe
next to the effects tab.

The only problem is, Blender uses static button codes, so the python
scripts would be *required* to use button codes 5000+.  Also, I'm not
entirely sure if the Draw module would work for this purpose, so it
might be neccassary to code a basic Interface module (or not, I'm still
looking at that).

Under this system, scripts would use a registering system like the new
menus.

joeedh
P.S.: As for saving data, I've discovered the print to file command
works nicely on Blender Text objects, and lets you store Registry
dictionaries (so long as they don't contain object reference data,
except for lists, dictionaries and probably tuples to).