[Bf-python] Bloded Problem with Ipo's

Yann Vernier yann at algonet.se
Thu Sep 9 08:14:12 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 03:40:32AM +0000, Jason Nuvares wrote:
> Hey everyone, I'm working on the latest Bloded script and I'm running into
> a large problem with the 2.34 API. witht eh IPO.addCurve function i'm
> passign the code
>
> ipo = Ipo.New('Object', name)
> Locx = ipo.addCurve('LocX')
>
> and i keep getting the error
>
> ValueError: Not a valid param
>
> I've used everythign i can think of and even copy&pasted the parameters
> straight fromt eh doc site, what's goign wrong?

Known bug in 2.34, a slight rewrite of the Ipo bpython code causes it to
check whether the curve makes sense for the linked object. So for 2.34
specifically, you must link the Ipo to your Object *before* you add
curves to it. The problem and resolution were mentioned in comments
under the 2.34 announcement at blender.org. Comment title is "Python API
change - Ipo Curves".

http://blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=161

--
PGP fingerprint = 9242 DC15 2502 FEAB E15F  84C6 D538 EC09 5380 5746