[Bf-python] script registration

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Wed Oct 13 12:30:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Michael Reimpell wrote:

> registration, just uses string comparison and does not rely on the semantics
> of the three double-quotes. I therefore propose to change the registration
> keywords, so that each line begins as an ordinary python comment, e.g:
> #!BPY
> # Name: 'Script Name'

dunno if that's ok, may well be - just thought of mentioning one a bit
related technique -- i.e. the way metadata is added to rst docstrings,
using the modified RFC822 syntax, e.g.:

:Date: 2002-03-22
:Version: 1
:Authors:
    - Me
    - Myself
    - I

as specified in http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0287.html#specification
(the part on 'Markup for "tagged lists" or "label lists": field lists.')

would that make sense here?

> Michael

~Toni