[Bf-python] EMesh

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 12:30:02 CEST 2004

--- joeedh <joeeagar at prodigy.net> wrote:

> That's the basic idea.  But I see no reason why to
> not have
> EditVert/Edge/Face types--This is python, by it's
> nature it's really
> easy to do error-checking on attribute values before
> sending them to the
> actual real EditVert/Edge/Face struct.  And, uhh,
> I've kindof done 90%
> of the work on the EditVert/Edge/Face python types.
> I even figured out
> how to do the edge seam and crease stuff.
>
> For example, I see no reason whatsoever to have a
> Select function, since
> I see no reason not to have a "sel" member of
> EMesh_EditVert/Edge/Face.

On the contrary. I'd say whatever can be done in the
interface/in the source code should be doable with
EMesh. Lets say for example you want to rewrite loop
select, or Non-Manifold select, or a new subdivision
method which, to be standard would have to select the
result after doing the operation.

Martin