[Bf-python] EMesh module proposal

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 6 01:10:19 CEST 2004

Hi.  Recently I have become interested in implementing an EditMesh
module, that would allow access to meshes while in EditMode.  This, I
believe, should not be too complex, certainly not like the NMesh module
(I don't mean that in a bad or negative way, EditMesh is simpler by its
nature since there can only be one of them at one time).

This module would be diagrammed thus:

EMesh
----Faces [a list of EMesh_Faces]
----Verts [a list EMesh_Verts]
----Edges [a list EMesh_Edges]
----MakeEdge(v1, v2) [function]
----MakeVert(x, y, z) [function]
----MakeFace(v1, v2, v3, v4, example=None)  [to make it similar to
addfacelist]

. . .And would have all the right stuff in EMesh_Faces-Verts-Edges.

Also, the vertex/face/edge selection functions (e.g. the ones use when
you click on a vertex, face or edge) would be available to us.  I think.

joeedh