[Bf-python] NMesh.Get() Missing?

Campbell J Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Nov 13 02:01:35 CET 2004

Hi Pythoners

Im modifying an exporting plugin because Im running out of ram (1.5gig)
I need a list of meshs to loop through, but not all the data at once.

All I want to do is get a list of meshs,
Now there is no NMesh.Get()  function like there is with Object, Image
and Material (I think there should be)...

So is there a way of getting a list of mesh names??-

Getting mesh names from objects is faulty since some meshs can be stored
in the Blend even if no objects are attached.
Also- Getting mesh names requires a Object.GetData().name Which converts
all  the mesh data to an NMesh python data in memoy, that is a lotr of
extra work if all want is to find the name.

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia