[Bf-python] Pyrex - an easier way to write Python/C modules?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Mon Nov 8 18:58:32 CET 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, joeedh wrote:

> >http://nz.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
> Pyrex is really cool, just tried it out.  Seems to be a whole heck of a
> lot easier then just using plain old C.  Right now I'm recoding EMesh
> into it, to see how well it works.

the Soya3d opengl game engine was rewritten last winter using Pyrex -- the
versions up to 0.6 where in C, but 0.7 and now 0.8 with a Pyrex core
instead (well it's generated to c for compiling but you know what i mean)
((iirc they went to pyrex to get rid of nasty segfaults in the c core))

the API is pretty much like Blender (the modelling side), so it might be
interesting to see how meshes etc. are done and provided for there ..
https://gna.org/projects/soya/ (the models are made with Blender, and
there's an export script to make cal3d shapes of ones with armatures)

> joeedh

~Toni