[Bf-python] Patch: Draw.Image() -- new method.

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Nov 8 04:04:08 CET 2004

joeedh wrote:

> Jonathan Merritt wrote:
>
>> Blender.Draw.Image(image, x, y, zoomx=1.0, zoomy=1.0, clipx=0,
>> clipy=0, clipw=-1, cliph=-1):
>>
>>   Draws a Blender.Image on the screen using raster operations.
>>
>>   (image) - Blender.Image to draw.
>>   (x, y) - Raster coordinates of the lower-left corner of the image
>> (can be negative).
>>   (zoomx, zoomy) - Horizontal and vertical zoom factors.
>>   (clipx, clipy, clipw, cliph) - Image space clipping rectangle.
>
> You beat me to it!  I was just about to play around with that.  Cool.

Thanks. :-)

Does my method signature cover all the options you would have wanted to
implement?  I wanted to have a set of options that would be
straightforward for OpenGL raster ops, so:
    - position
    - zoom
    - clipping
Other sorts of transformations (rotations, shear, color space
operations, etc.) I think should be done elsewhere first and would
probably be excessive for the final draw method.  What do you think?

Also, people have talked a lot about drawing images by texture-mapping
them on to polygons.  I know that texture mapping on my graphics card
(an Intel card in a Toshiba A10 laptop) is a bit dodgy, and I wanted to
keep the drawing as precise as possible for my camera calibration
script.  I chose raster operations for that purpose.  Is that adequate
for what you need?

Jonathan Merritt.