[Bf-python] Object Properties from Python?

Scott Coursey scoursey at segfault.cc
Wed May 26 17:53:24 CEST 2004

In the Logic panel of an Object, we have the ability to add properties.

Is there a method of accessing them from Python?  I've seen some mention
about the GameEgine, but I'm not sure how to grab it from a general
script.

I'm currently working on a script that will walk the object tree and
export the files in a MAP format for the Torque Game Engine.  Certain
objects in the TGE, like lamps, have specific properties required to get
them to work (pulse rates, targets, flicker colors, etc).

Would anyone have a suggestion on accessing the properties, or would this
be something better left as, "write the interface to the code and submit
it for a change?"  I don't mind working on modifying Blender; I didn't
know if someone else already knew how to do it.

Thanks,
ScottC