[Bf-python] image.reload() - Patch

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed May 26 05:38:06 CEST 2004

Hi Campbell,

Since the test can be made in BPython itself, probably not necessary to add a
special return value.  Simply updating the docs with this info is enough, tell
me what if you decide a warning is necessary.

Thanks for your explanation of the method for realtime texture updates, it can
become a good small doc about how to do it, but the method doesn't seem simple /
general enough for most users, crossplatform.

BTW, the other method suggested, using verse, requires a way to set a timer to
run a python function or scriptlink.  The other day I was looking at this.
Blender has via Ghost a way to set a single timer to each window, which it uses
for the autosave function.  And during rendering it uses setitimer for posix
systems and multimedia timer on win.  I'll have to talk to Ton and also play
maybe with both methods to see which ones is better for scripts, how to
integrate with the current timed stuff, etc.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br