[Bf-python] Strange errors with MakeHuman and 233a (help!)

Stephen Swaney sswaney at swbell.net
Sun May 23 01:10:23 CEST 2004

Manuel Bastioni wrote:

> A MH user has sent me this bug. I can't reproduce it on
> window or linux, but only the warning about integer-float.
>
> I don't have a MAC...anyone can help me to understand this
> bug? The problem is MH code or Blender 233a? In your opinion,
> where is the line that produce the warning about integer-float?

[ much snippage ]

> /Applications/Blender 2.33a/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/./blender:247:
> DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
> A??a??K??!?8!??a~(?????????}a? N? |H?????????B?????!?@;@?a?????@?4,A?
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "Gui.py", line 263, in draw
> IndexError: list index out of range

The 'DepracationWarning: integer expected, got float' stuff
is coming out of Python itself. Typical cause is using
a float as a list index.

I *suspect* the garbagy printing is from some i18n character
set, but that is only a suspicion.

The last line about IndexError is an actual error meaning
you walked off the end of a list in Gui.py at line 263.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at swbell.net