[Bf-python] Patch- Added A Python Hook for the error function.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon May 17 02:02:57 CEST 2004

Hi, I have been thinking that its silly that the conslole is the only
way to give users textual feedback in python is by using the console
window or by having a GUI and making the error text feedback a part or
the gui.

I have added a patch that allows you to make error popups.

Like this

import Blender
Blender.Window.PopupError('Print This error message')

- I have tried to conform to the standards and dobumentation is included
in the patch

I think the next thing Ill do is Window.PoputNumInput(text, min, max, steps)
then Mabe PoputTextInput()
This would be nice for plugins where only a few inputs were needed and
having a gui in a window to its self would be too bulky.

- Cam