[Bf-python] Adding python hooks to C functions.

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu May 13 05:39:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Campbell Barton" <cbarton at metavr.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:05 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] Adding python hooks to C functions.

> Hi, I have tinkered with blenders code and managed to make some python
> hooks to existing C functions.

Good list of functions, great job : ).

> So my question is...
> IS there any group/single person who has a say as to weather things will
> go into the python API? (Is this mailing list IT?)

Yes, this mailing list is meant for bpython development and discussion of
features and bugs / etc in the API.  What we do with contributions is let the
coder(s) who maintain or know better the relevant part of the code help check
the new functionality and once eventual problems are solved, the code can be
committed to cvs.  If it's a more complex addition, that involves security or
touches code outside bpython, then we also discuss with the other blender
developers, naturally.

> Would sombody commit to the CVS my python hooks If I wrote and tested them?

Right now we're under a cvs freeze for the 2.33a release.  Next week things
should be back to normal and we'll have enough time to make additions and check
before the next release.  Once you've finished writing your additions (feel free
to discuss / make any questions here), you can send us a link or even a patch if
it's not above the list limit (40k I guess).  To make it simple, you can also
email me or some other bpython developer the code, if you prefer.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br